Pages

Friday, 17 February 2012

EyeBrows!

Dolapo Kuye Shote
The power of a properly shaped and well drawn eyebrows cannot be over emphasized. As you can see in the picture of Dolapo above, there's a huge transformation of the face after the makeup.  Shaping the brows can be done in the following ways.


1. threading
2. waxing
3. tweezing
4. blading 


Blading is the easiest and the most dangerous way to shape the brows ......i won't advice you to blade your eyebrows yourself.  Go to a professional to get your brows in shape. Tweezing can be done easily on yourself, provided you pluck out the hair in the direction in which they grow. Waxing and threading has to be done by a pro too. i have tried the 4 ways on myself and i can tell you that, threading is the way to go (in my opinion).


I use the mac eyebrow pencil (spiked or Stud) depending on the person's skin tone.... i particularly love this pencil because it is self propelling and retractable, it makes it easier for even non professionals to use. it just works!!!! marykay eyebrow pencil works for me as well. 




I love to use marykay eyebrow gel to keep my brows in place and long lasting.

In summary, its best to shape eyebrows according to the postion of the natural arc. The outcome of the eyebrow, largely depends on the natural shape of your brows. I like to keep the shape as full as possible.  please share with us the brow pencil, powder and the brand that does the magic for u *wink*

9 comments:

  1. Ok divas, i use powder to create my brows and only good makeup artist will tell you this as it is the best way to go and it also makes ur brows look natural too. As Ewar said, shes uses spike/stud pencil by mac depending on skin tone. Look for the best powder that suits your skin tone and lastly i would apply a clear brow gel(as this can be used on any skintone) to seal the powder. I am not a professional makeup artist but once i step out of my door, people ask and make compliments about my brows etc even makeup artist in departmental stores ask me how i do them and how nice they look.
    Tip (Ewar i'm doing this just bcos i love supporting others):Brow powder from Channel, mac etc or even from your local beauty supply store + an angled brush for application and a clear brow or lash gel, a good one is from bodyshop.
    I hope this helps someone. Ladies, powder up those brows. Suzie noni-Ducess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one suzie. Are you sure you won't end up as a MUA lol. Somehow, I feel using a brow powder is a bit technical, I will sure try it again with the Mac brow powder. Thanks for your support and contribution. Please don't be a stranger, your comments matters to me.

      Delete
  2. I used to take my eyebrows for granted but now I don't joke wit them......well shaped brows opens up ur face....well I don't ave any major tip. I use d brown sleek eye pencil. And sometimes the local No 18 brown pencil that's everywhere for 150naira. I get a pro to shape them for mi, but once in a while when they r not too full, I trim wit blade to keep d arch......I shouldn't be saying this in this jet age but some ppl still don't know so i will ; pls pls don't use black eye pencil for ur brows...use a brown dat is close to ur skin...am amazed when young babes still use black pencil......Nike, well done dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oyesola, thanks for adding "NO BLACK PENCIL ON THE BROWS"........ I even see some babes that wear a matching color of lip liner on their brows (black 9ja babe with wine eyebrows). Absolute NO No.

      Delete
  3. Hi. I saw ur advert on facebook concerning the training on d 25th of this month. I called the number in d ad even sent an sms but no replies. Can u pls tell me hw much it will cost and where it will be taking place? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that modupsy it's a professional class and it's 50k. It's taking place @ our studio....25b sunmola street Mende Maryland Lagos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use d 50naira brow pencil ooo.Although I have all sorts in my makeup box(jordana,tara,blackopal)d 50naira davis dey try.Construct(lol),spread with my mascara wad,the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eversheen does a good work too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ewar, i follow your work closely, both on facebook and on this blog.I must confess you are my idol, i love your job to scatter.I am a makeup artist based in Portharcourt, and i have used a lot of eyebrow pencils, but i have not tried MAC.I use BhCosmetics eyebrow pencil in Dark Brunette and it is beautiful.I still fill in with Zaron eyebrow defining powder.It comes out great.One of these days i'll send you a picture of my job.Keep doing that great job that's always inspiring us.Lots of love.Chineze, Zeline Makeovers Portharcourt.

    ReplyDelete