Pages

Sunday, 12 August 2012

Whew!!!

Bunmi Olunloyo

Hi beautiful bloggers,

I did two wonderful brides today. I decided to share their pictures and my experience with you guys. Woke up with my normal Saturday alarm set for 6am...as most of my clients know by now, I hate to leave the house before 7am due to my terrible experience with armed robbers some years back. The first bride was at oriental in Lekki, while the second one was at 10 degrees Alausa, Ikeja. I must confess I dreaded today, just because of the unpredictable nature of Lagos traffic, especially with the closure of 3rd mainland bridge.

I fervently prayed to God for an itch free day. Sade booked for 3 outfits, while Bunmi booked for 2 outfits all in ONE day...whew!!!! Got to Sade in good time for her first look, did a few extras and left there about 10am for Bunmi's engagement in Ikeja. Everything went well for the first outfits for both brides, until I had to leave from Ikeja back to Lekki for a 1pm appointment for Sade's second outfit. I spent a whooping 1hour on ikorodu road ‘bumper to bumper’ traffic, meanwhile I started getting calls on how angry the bride is with me not being there on time. Unfortunately, her hair stylist was stock in the same traffic, long story short, the bride left for church without getting her hair done (*sad face*) but got her makeup touched up by Foyin (my assistant) who i left to look after her.

We waited till the church service was over, the hairstylist (Debby) and I apologized frantically, traffic situation in Lagos is no excuse to keep a bride waiting or angry on her day. 
Meanwhile Bunmi was waiting for me for a change of outfit in Ikeja. If I faced the traffic back to ikeja, Lord knows she will be on her way to her husband’s house by the time I get there! 

I thank God for my wonderful assistants who made it easier for me to pull through today! I thank Sade and Bunmi for choosing EWAR MAKEOVERS. As you can see, they both look stunning!!!

'Life as a Makeup Artist in Nigeria' is not easy oooo. For aspiring MUAs out there, hope you've learnt one or two lessons from my experience today! I wish you all the best. Please feel free to share your experiences in the comment column below, you never can tell whose life you'd touch.

Remember to share this post with a friend. You might be helping an aspiring MUA (makeup artist)


Sade Abrahams



17 comments:

  1. Your work is a Beautiful piece of Art :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a similar situation sometime last week. Lagos traffic is no joke! Thank God, you pulled it off. Your work is amazing! Please check out my blog when you can- www.dorranne.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pele ooo! Well done still...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously i can imagine wot you went thru,i had the same experience duirng my First job it wasnt funny @ all.But i was able to do the bride's makeup anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not pleasant @ all, y wld u take d 2 jobs wen u kno the situation in lagos, I wldnt want to be dissapointed on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ ANONYMOUS 11.43: No bride was disappointed on her day, as you can see from both pictures!
    I had help, I'm certainly not the only makeup artist in Ewar Makeovers. I have capable assistants that do wonderful Jobs as well. This blog is about 'life as a makeup artist in Nigeria' its about honesty, openness and sharing so other people can learn from my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewar, wat I'll like to know is how ur pictures always look perfect. I'm a makeup artist too and i struggle wiv this. Do u take a photographer to every job or is there a camera u use? Please help

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ modupsy.....i take all my photos myself, had to get photography lessons...mail me at ewarmakeovers@gmail.com i will hook you up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanx 4 replying, but the fact is, the bride wld still want u to touch her face, because the mentality we have here is that the boss(oga) does better job than d assistance. I love this blog, wen ever I'm less busy, I log into it. So keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ewar, I am a very pleased bride. I would use you over and over again. And its nice to know what makeup artists go through behind the professional exterior. Kudos to you jare!! The more jobs you do, the more brides are happy!! Thanks for making my day and making me look beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunmi, thanks for your comments, you were a wonderful bride! thanks for your warmth and calmness...'a calm bride is always a beautiful bride' lol. Wishing you all the best in your marriage. Thanks for choosing EWAR

      Delete
    2. Hi Bunmi please Just wondering if you had your white wedding in decorium London.Please Can you email me on sinorita85@gmail.com.I want to ask questions about who managed your event.Thanks in anticipation.

      Delete
  11. Well done sweets,smart u left an assistant. Next time I suggest u avoid ikorodu road,western avenue mite be a better option. kip up ur swags, babes u here to stay!. 2ush

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nike, u're a really doing a wonderful job I most confess. I wld like to be hooked up wit d phothographer who thot u how to take dis pictures nd wat sort of camera do u use. Cheers dear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ewar, you are doing a really great job, i just love the way you carve U̶̲̥̅̊r brows.....i hope i get my brows to be like that someday...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ewar I love ur job. My hands are up for u.I would like to work wit professionals like u

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! U did shade's make up? I saw some of her oictures with Segun Bridge Stone Photography. That's was an aesthetic make up

    ReplyDelete