Pages

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Natural and Loving it!

Adenike Ogungbe
I don't know how Dudu (my dear photog friend) convinced me to take these pictures, but i'm so glad i did. I had so much fun doing this. Thanks to my friend Tolu who helped Dotun during the shoot and my very capable assistants Tolu Asaolu and Chika Abazu for this awesome makeup look. If you are a fan of natural or nude makeup like me, i'm sure you will agree they both did a good job at 'panel beating' my face, to enhance my features.

It's exactly one year since i started my natural hair journey. I can tell you for a fact that its the best decision I ever made. I hope to share my Natural hair Journey with you soon, bringing you my before and after photos and how I liberated myself from relaxers, ghana weaves, braids and human hair extensions. I have gone 6 months without 'brazillian hair' weave! huge achievement for me!


Here's What they used to achieve the look.
Basing: Foundation; a mix of Marykay '607 & 507'. Powder;  Milani 'warm'. Blush; Marykay 'Golden rod'

Eyes: Eyeshadow; mac bronze, sketch and carbon. Eyebrow Pencil: BMpro Brow definer. Liquidliner; Black radiance. Lashes; Artismatic. Inner eyerim: Zaron black kajal

Lips: Unveil MUP glaze of light and a clear lipgloss.

Very easy and simple look, you can wear daily, or to a party! Hope you love this look as much as i do? Remember to share this post with a friend you might just be helping an aspiring makeup artist or someone trying to decide whether to go natural or not. #natural hair rocks!


38 comments:

  1. Go You!Suits you soo well -Team Shuku

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wat u call true beauty!!!....u look fab, dear. And a good example of less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful. I need to learn this. Bimbola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naturally beautiful. Hp to meet u again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and Inspiring...Olamide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Lovely!!!... You inspire me a lot. Well done sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous my friend! Simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. You look so regal. My natural hair growth will be one year old in April. I hope I look half as good as you do!

    http://nenisnaija.blogspot.com/2013/03/make-your-skin-glow-with-carrots.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the hair, i like the hair, i like the hair *jumping up and down*. I want to do too.
    (I don't believe I need to say how absolutely gorgeous you look *wink*, your assistants sure did a great job)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pls wat primer was used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boot's No 7 shine free primer

      Delete
    2. May you soul rest in peace damsel

      Delete
  11. Ewar u look so georgeous.bt aw did u get d natural hair?did u hv 2 cut ur hair or did u just stop puttin chemicals in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your natural look, very alluring and nice makeup and pic. Lovely job

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you all for your comments...really appreciate you guys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love ur look...where can I buy bmpro products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful as always.. God bless u more for sharing. Knowledge..ur Kind is RARE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ds is so lovely, keep up d good work... kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ayoor makeovers6 April 2013 at 13:34

    Beautiful!!!! Iv learnt a lot frm u Ewar thnx a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I dοn’t еven know hoω I finiѕheԁ up here, but I believеԁ thіѕ post used
    to be good. I don’t unԁerѕtand who yοu’re hοweνer dеfinitely yοu arе going
    to a famouѕ blοggeг ωhen you aren’t already.

    Chеers

    My web-site - free microsoft points codes.how to get free microsoft points codes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go Nikki. Team kinky hair. Yayyy. I'm doing the "big chop" (i.e. chopping off all my relaxed ends) tomorrow. I'm 6 months post relaxer so I don't have much growth. Didn't really plan transitioning but I'm so ready to ditch the creamy crack (relaxer) and embrace my kinks. I guess I will be rocking my teeny weeny afro (TWA) till my hair grows out. I always get excited when I see other nigerian women embracing their kinks. Kinky is beautiful and it takes a woman of courage to go kinky. Go Nikki. (BTW I recommend the book called "The Science of Black Hair by Audrey Sivasothy". It contains great tips for length retention and maintaining healthy natural hair. Also there are lots of online natural hair care fora/blogs e.g. curlynikki.com, blackgirllonghair.com as well as tons of youtube videos on how to achieve some incredibly beautiful twist outs, braid outs and coil outs with natural hair). Good luck with you natural hair journey. I can't wait to see your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  20. RIP Nike. May God overlook ur shortcomings

    ReplyDelete
  21. And wat are her shortcomings. Are u God to know ur fellow human has shortcomn. If we are to judge u now,ur life might nt even be wat people and u tink it is*hiss*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey...! Anonymous 7:20, your response to Anonymous 5:35 was rude! I dont know what tribe that person is but in Yoruba, when a person dies, as a way of passing condolence message, we say stuffs like "ki Olorun pa a sise e re" which is exactly what that person typed in English. Let us not be quick to cast blame or point accusing fingers. If that comment wasnt typed under 'Anonymous', I will say that you have a personal grudge over that person, but as it is, I think you are just being touchy. Nike's demise is responsible for that, so we will let it slide.

    Rest on Nike, God alone is all-knowing about your death. We will look up to him alone for comfort...Yetunde

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh death!nike RIP

    ReplyDelete
  24. 7:20, she meant God should forgive her her sins and grant her soul to heaven. Its like an interceeding prayer for a dead person. Please I truely understand how you feel... God knows d best.rip Nike ..we love u

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rest well beautiful. May the good lord guide and protect your daughter. Amen


    S A

    ReplyDelete